Tuesday, February 4, 2014

1-20-2014

1-20-2014

Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 17:22:38 +0800
Subject: Off to Gaoxiong!
From: eric.heaton@myldsmail.net
To: heatonjudy@hotmail.com

Hello the family and friends

So I don't really have much time to write a big e-mail let alone everyone individually but I just want to send a quick one off and just let you all know that I'm still alive and kicking.

So yesterday was movecall for me and I have moved on from the humble beginnings of Huwei to the big busy city of Gaoxiong.  I haven't really had a chance to explore here yet as I didn't really see my new home till about 4:30 and we had to go out and buy some food to last the week but it seems good.  I'm super sad to be leaving Huwei, its weird to think that I was there for a whole 6 months before moving out, but now I am here and ready to start the next phase of my mission.

So Most important, my new area is called Yuan Shan, which is in the west part of Kaohsiung, or with more proper spelling, Gaoxiong.  It is a lot smaller then my last area but still a good size, the streets here are a lot bigger and I don't really have much more to say about it.

Last week went well, I spent the last part of the week especially Sunday saying goodbye to all the new friends I have made and exchanging information with them, so I hope that a certain somebody (cough cough emma cough) is still doing a good job managing the people who decide to add me on facebook =)

Other than that though things are looking good, life is doing well, I was pretty sad to leave my last companion Elder Stratford as we were just having a blast last movecall, but my new companion, Elder Wootan, is a good replacement for him, so things should be going well.  I'm happy, excited to be here in Kaohsiung and excited to see what its like in a more developed area.

Love you all, see you next week, with hopefully a longer e-mail!

Elder Heaton
 何長老
No longer the Hope of Huwei, new nickname soon to come =)

Bye!!

No comments:

Post a Comment