Monday, October 14, 2013

10-14-2013

10-14-2013

Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 11:35:07 +0800
Subject: Assistant Exchanges and Conference
From: 
eric.heaton@myldsmail.net
To: 
heatonjudy@hotmail.com

Hello the family and everyone!

So another week has come and gone, and within that week there was a ton of things that happened that its actually kinda hard to remember a lot of it (that happens sometimes) but here's some of the highlights that came out if this week

As far as food goes the most interesting thing that I ate would probably be a giant... I think my companion called it a "Fish Ball" which is pretty much what it sounds like, but the weird thing about it was that the ball was about the size of a soft ball, and the ward members laughed when the bishop gave both me and my companion one each to eat, it was pretty good but it just had a lot of random little things in it (I mean just random food objects of fish and meat) so you can think about what that means =)

This week as the subject says I had the chance to go on assistant exchanges, which unlike normal exchanges where one missionary would switch with another missionary and they would just go through a day like that, one Assistant would just go with our companionship and the other would go with another one somewhere else.  So the assistant that went with us is named Elder Limpanastraphong, you can have fun trying to say that.  But it was really cool going with him as he really was a hard worker, if there was a person to talk to he would be talking to him, and so as we would go to any appointment it would take us like 5 times longer than normal because of it.  but the exchange was really awesome and I was able to learn a lot from him, and his chinese was super good as well.

Now I think the last big thing that happened here was that I finally had the chance to watch conference here (they show it a week later so they have time to translate it) and they actually have another TV going for all of us foreigners in English, so that was cool.  I think my favorite talk that I watched would probably be Uchtdorf's talk in the Priesthood Session where he talked about how he fell down and couldn't get up, it was a super powerful talk and I liked it a lot.  But I think this was probably the first time I stayed awake for the entirety of Conference and I think I got a lot more out of it because of that.

Well that's all that happened this week, the work is going well and the people here are awesome, the Chinese is slowly coming along and each day I can catch a little more of what these people are talking about it so that's exciting.

Until next week
Elder Heaton 
何長老


No comments:

Post a Comment