Wednesday, September 17, 2014

9-15-2014

9-15-2014

Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 09:29:46 +0800
Subject: back to the rural world
From: 
eric.heaton@myldsmail.net
To: 
heatonjudy@hotmail.com

Hello the family!

This week has gone by really well.  I have been working hard to be able to find my way around here in the countryside and have just been having fun talking with my new companion.  the people here are nice and so far there's not really anything to complain about.

The week started off pretty well after we ended the fun part of Monday we had a big BBQ to go to where most of the ward would be attending, and we had a good 2-3 investigators that would be going as well, so we were really excited as that would be my chance to meet the ward.  The BBQ went really well however we only got one investigator there, but I had a good opportunity to talk with most of the ward members here (theres only about 12 really active members right now) so I was trying my best to just be able to recognize them as well as to get to know each of their circumstances.

After that we moved onto Tuesday where we would normally have our District training meeting, but because Donggang, or Dongkang as they like to spell it, is pretty far away from most of the other missionaries or other branches we are just a 2 man district with me being the District leader, but to me anyway that didn't really mean anything because there's really nobody to be worrying about or thinking about other than my companion in my district, so that's kind of funny.  But it did mean that I had to prepare a good hour and a half talk or have something to talk about with my companion.  It was kind of fun and kind of silly all at the same time.

Next was me just trying to get used to teaching the English class here.  My companion had warned me that the class here had a few kids in it, and so I just kind of figured that I would take a room that had a couple of toys, the kids would be entertained and I could teach the people who were really coming to learn English, so I made a intermediate English plan just thinking that most of the people English ability would be to a level that they could do some basic reading and writing, but when I got there I quickly realized that I was mistaken and that more than half of the class was little kids and that their English, while not bad, was not to the point where I thought it would be, so I didn't really have a plan for it, but it was fun seeing the different kind of class that I would have to be teaching.

As for the rest of the week it was pretty much missionary work as usual, working hard and trying to find as many people as we possibly can to invite to come unto Christ.  It has been lots of fun and I am enjoying my time here in Taiwan.  Although the weather is still pretty hot, we are keeping cool.

Hope that you all are having a great time. I know that the work that I am doing here is good and that this is the place that Christ want's me to be right now.  I know that this church is true and is able to help all those that choose to live by its teachings.  this is the message that I am trying to share right now and it is all going good. =)

Have a great week! Love you all


No comments:

Post a Comment